And We’ve researched and found some of the best models on the market today. Now that you’re here, too, you can learn more about them and decide which one is right for you.
We’ll tell you a little about each product we recommend so that you have all the information necessary to make an informed buying decision. Let’s get started!
Top 10 Best smart electricity power meters: Reviews & Listing
When it comes to smart electricity power meters, there are many options. The good news is you don’t have to spend hours trying them all out to find the best one for you. We’ve done the hard work for you!
During the testing process, we compared the features and functionality of several popular smart electricity power meters products on the market today. Following this, we reviewed some of the best sellers on Amazon and heard what people had to say about them.
We also looked at expert and customer reviews on Amazon and other websites like YouTube to get a better idea of how these products stack up against each other in terms of:
- Ease of Use
- Service and more.
- INSTALLS IN CIRCUIT PANEL of most homes with clamp-on sensors. Supports single-phase up to 240VAC line-neutral; single, split-phase 120/240VAC; and three-phase up to 415Y/240VAC (no Delta). Panels with access only to busbars will need flexible sensors available from Emporia Energy. Includes DIY instructions, though a professional electrician is recommended.
- 24/7 ENERGY MONITORING: Monitor your home's real power anywhere, anytime to prevent costly repairs, conserve energy, and save costs. Monitor solar / net metering. Light commercial 3 phase option available as a separate bundle. PROTECTED BY A 1-YEAR WARRANTY.
- APPLIANCE MONITORING WITHOUT GUESSWORK: Comes with sixteen (16) 50A sensors to accurately monitor your air conditioner, furnace, water heater, washer, dryer, range, etc.
- LOWER YOUR ELECTRIC BILL: Gauge real-time spending and get actionable notifications to understand where you can save costs.
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use with iPhone / Android app. Vue sensors provide 1-second data and are accurate from ±2%. The Vue is UL and CE Listed for your safety. 1 second data is retained 3 hours, 1 minute data is retained 7 days, 1 hour data is retained indefinitely. Export the data whenever you want in the app.
- CAN ONLY BE USED WITH AMI Smart Meters through SCE (Rebate available from SCE), SDGE, and PG&E in CA, PPL and First Energy in PA, Ohio Edison in OH, and Burlington Electric and GMP in VT. CHECK WITH YOUR UTILITY BEFORE BUYING to ensure your utility meter has Zigbee SEP and is HAN enabled.
- LOWER YOUR ELECTRIC BILL: Gauge real-time spending and get actionable notifications to understand where you can save costs. Zigbee enabled HAN device reads the energy usage data wirelessly from your utility’s AMI smart meter.
- EASY INSTALLATION AND SETUP. Plugin to an electric outlet near your meter and go. Includes DIY instructions, NO ELECTRICIAN NEEDED!
- REAL-TIME ENERGY DATA: REQUIRES 2.4 GHz WIFI WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION to monitor energy use with iPhone / Android / Web app. 1 second data is retained 3 hours, 1 minute data is retained 7 days, 1 hour data is retained indefinitely. Export the data whenever you want in the app.
- 24/7 ENERGY MONITORING: Monitor your home's real power anywhere, anytime to prevent costly repairs, conserve energy, and save costs. Monitor solar / net metering. Handles home and commercial electricity usage with 2-phase or light commercial 3-phase service. PROTECTED BY A 1-YEAR WARRANTY.
- SAVE ON YOUR ENERGY BILL: Simply plug our electrical usage monitor into your electric appliances to discover their true efficiency. Our home power monitor can measure voltage, wattage, current strength, CO2 usage, electricity costs in kilowatts per hour, and more, all in real-time. Now you?ll know if it?s time to replace that old dryer with a new energy-efficient one.
- FUNCTIONAL PROTECTION FROM POWER OVERLOADS: Our energy usage meter features overload protection which will notify you if a unit is drawing more electricity than a circuit can safely handle. Text reading "overload" will blink on the screen of our energy consumption meter to warn you that the appliance needs to be immediately unplugged in order to prevent overheating. Protect your valuable appliance with our energy monitor outlet!
- EASY TO READ DISPLAY: Our electric meter has an extra large LCD screen with a clear digit display so that you can read the measurement from close or afar alike. Our digital wattage meter continues energy monitoring day and night so that you can make smart and informed decisions that can impact your energy usage.
- BUILT-IN BATTERY BACKUP: Our energy meter comes with a built-in battery backup feature that will save your electricity usage readings, cost readings, and all settings during the event of a power outage. We include two (2) 3.6V batteries with our energy monitoring outlet so that this function is ready to use right out of the box.
- EFFORTLESS TO RESET: The option to quickly, easily, and conveniently reset our energy usage monitor is available in the unlikely event that the buttons stop responding or the display appears abnormal. Just by pressing the small "reset" button located between the "energy" and "cost" buttons, you can reset our energy measurement device. It's that easy!
- Consume less energy: Set energy consumption alerts and see historical energy usage in the Wyze app.
- Long-range WiFi: Confidently control outlets around your home with Wyze Plug Outdoor's extended WiFi range (300 ft. in open space).
- Made for the outdoors: IP64 Weather Resistant. Safely plug into areas that are exposed to rain, dust, dirt, and snow.
- Two outlets in one: Independent control of both outlets at any given time. Turn off your outdoor lights, but leave your inflatable snowman standing strong.
- App & Voice Control: Turn your lights off without putting your boots on. Light up your block in seconds by asking your voice assistant or pulling up the Wyze app on your phone. Works with Alexa and Google.
- Wang, Yi (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 316 Pages - 02/25/2021 (Publication Date) - Springer (Publisher)
- Control from Anywhere: Turn electronics on or off from Anywhere with Your Smartphone using the kasa app (compatible w/ android & ios)
- Voice Control Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and MicroSoft Cortana Supported devices for a hands Free Experience
- ENERGY MONITORING monitor enery consumption of Your plug in devices and set times and schedules to avoid waste
- KASA SCENES & SCHEDULES Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a Scene for Controlling many devices with a Single button
- Note: Requires a Secured 2.4 GigaHertz Wi Fi network connection
- Electricity usage monitor: Monitor is the killer of the high-cost energy appliance, helping you lower power consumption and save money.
- Digital LCD Display: Large clear LCD display for easy reading, the screen size is 47cmx60cm.
- Various Parameters: Power(W), Energy (kWh), Voltage, Amps, Power Factor, Cost and Minimum & Maximum Power, ideal for energy consumption monitor.
- Overload Protection: Once the whole power exceeds the rated power of monitor, LCD will display "OVERLOAD" with booming noise to remind the user
- Built-in Battery:With 3.6V rechargeable battery(NI-MH), It can store electricity. which allows meter to be moved and viewed without losing readings.
- 【 Monitoring Electric Usage and Know Cost Intuitively 】 Power consumption meter can measure power (W), volts, amps, frequency, power factor, maximum and minimum power (W), cumulative time and energy (kWh), and calculate cost automatically after price-setting; monitoring home energy usage and help you to save electricity cost
- 【 Large Clear LCD Display with Backlight 】 Electricity monitor kilowatt meter has a wide view angle and clear-digit display; easy to read and operate the electricity monitor in dark areas with the backlit clear LCD display
- 【 Long Time Data Hold Memory Function 】 Come with built-in rechargeable battery backup, the watt meter power analyzer can hold data up to 90 days when coming across a power outage or plugging out the meter from the outlet; all data includes the cost setting will go to zero once press the reset button
- 【 Potable and Takes up 1 Outlet Only 】 Compact size; power meter socket plug leaves the lower wall outlet available when plugging into the upper outlet; made of high-quality fire-resistant material; friendly after-sale customer service and 1-year limited warranty; Note: do not compatible with AC inverter and solar power inverter
- 【 3680W Overload Indication 】 This power monitor meter can measure 110-130 Vac & 200-240 Vac voltage (Note: Label on watt meter back only shows 110-130 Vac low volt range due to certification requirements); 0-16A AMP; 0-3680W wattage, and indicate overload when load up to 3680W; Class 1.0 accuracy standard with 0.1W, 0.1V, 0.001A and 0.001kWh resolution
- 【Various Monitoring Parameters】: The power meter plug can monitor the power (W), energy (kWh), volts, amps, hertz, power factor, cost, minimum and maximum power (W), cumulative days and time of your appliances. By switching 7 display modes, you can easily know the various parameters while the appliance is working. The home energy monitor can also calculate and display how much power your appliance uses and how much electricity bill it cost in cumulative time.
- 【Upgraded LCD display】: With large screen size 2.36 inch x 1.85 inch, clearer monitor backlit, our electrical usage monitor can display the data clearer and more visible no matter day or night. 180°full wide viewing angles is great for reading and recording the data in any angles. No need to stand on the front of the display and bend over to read the numbers.
- 【Adjustable Backlight Time】: Our upgraded watt meter has 5 options of backlight time. The default backlight time duration is 10 minutes(bL-0). If you want to change the backlight time, you can press and hold "UP" and "DOWN" button at the same time to enter backlight time setting, then press "UP" and "DOWN" to select the backlight time (bL-0 =10 minutes, bL-1=1 hour, bL-2=4 hours, bL-3=8 hours, bL-4=always on), finally press the "COST" to save the backlight time settings.
- 【Overload protection】: When the power of the appliance exceeds the overload power, the LCD will display “OVERLOAD” to warn the user. All the buttons will quit working and can only be workable when you lower or remove the load power. The default overload power is 3680W and is adjustable from 0 to 3680W. In general, you need to set the overload power to 1800W before using. Just press the "function" button for more than 3 seconds to enter the setting.
- 【Data Memory Function】: The wattage meter will record your power consumption data when you remove it from socket, or remove appliances from the electricity monitor. You can directly see the last data when you use it next time. This function can also automatically save the data when there is a sudden power failure.
- EASY TO USE: Counts consumption by Kilowatt-hours, choosing from 5 independent keys to quick access different power parameters
- REFINED ACCURACY: Built-in high precision current sensor. Ensures you the best accuracy-Class 1.0 with 0.01W, 0.1V and 0.01A resolution
- BACK-LIGHT & MEMORY: Clear backlight and large digital numbers, with circuit memory for cumulative kilowatt-hours & elapsing time
- PORTABLE KILOWATT METER: Compact size with start detection 0.20W, you can virtually monitor most standby or working power dissipation
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: 1-YEAR Warranty by Poniie; Full ABS fire retardant material housing; Note: do not compatible with solar power inverter
How to Chose the Best smart electricity power meters
Buying smart electricity power meters online can be a great experience. However, you need to know how to buy the right products and what to consider before you make your purchase.
Here are some important tips on how to buy smart electricity power meters online:
- Know what you want before you browse
- Find out if the smart electricity power meters is available for sale
- Check for the quality of the product before buying it
- Check if the smart electricity power meters is authentic and original
- Avoid buying from unverified sellers
- If there is no return policy, be careful while buying products online
- Read reviews from other customers who have used the product
- Check for any discounts or deals offered by the seller
When you are buying an smart electricity power meters online, there are some points that you must consider. These points will help you get the best smart electricity power meters for the money and ensure that the product is delivered on time. Here are a few things to keep in mind when buying a smart electricity power meters online:
Look for Price
First and foremost is the price. A product’s price should be one of the first things you consider before making a purchase. It is important to remember that many factors can affect the price of a certain item, such as shipping costs, taxes and other fees. If you are not careful enough, you may spend more on your purchase than you expected.
Consider the Budget
When buying smart electricity power meters online, it is also important to ensure that they will fit well with your lifestyle or budget if they are not necessities but still wanted in your home or office space. If you are on a tight budget, it is important to consider the product’s price and how much it will cost to ship it. Consider using sites like Amazon or eBay if you want something more affordable and in demand.
Before buying smart electricity power meters, it is important to check its reviews. There are many websites where you can find out what customers have to say about a particular product. If there are many positive reviews, then it means that the product works well and is worth buying. However, if there are negative reviews, it would be better not to buy that particular product as there may be some problems with it, and it might not meet your expectations when you receive it at home.
Check for Product Availability
If you want to buy a particular item but cannot find it anywhere except on one website, this should raise a red flag as something fishy could be happening here. It might be possible that they are selling counterfeit smart electricity power meters or stolen goods that they have purchased from someone else and now trying to sell them online at a higher price than what they originally paid for these products. In such cases, it
If you’re buying from a company with physical locations, you will typically have more payment options than buying from a third-party site. Ensure the website accepts your preferred payment method online purchasing smart electricity power meters. If you don’t see it listed on the website, ask them if they accept it before placing your order.
Pay attention to the return policy before making a purchase. Some sites offer free returns, while others only provide exchanges and no refunds. Check what type of returns policy the site has before purchasing so there aren’t any surprises later on. Returning a product may be a headache, but it’s worth doing if you run into issues with the smart electricity power meters. If the retailer doesn’t offer free returns, try contacting them before purchasing to see their return policy.
When ordering smart electricity power meters online, shipping costs should also be considered. Shipping costs can vary depending on where you live and how much weight your order has, so compare prices between different sellers before making a decision. You might save money by paying for faster shipping or extra overnight delivery but keep in mind that once an item is shipped, there’s nothing else you can do until it arrives at your doorstep (or mailbox).