And We’ve researched and found some of the best models on the market today. Now that you’re here, too, you can learn more about them and decide which one is right for you.
We’ll tell you a little about each product we recommend so that you have all the information necessary to make an informed buying decision. Let’s get started!
Top 10 Best in wall light timers: Reviews & Listing
When it comes to in wall light timers, there are many options. The good news is you don’t have to spend hours trying them all out to find the best one for you. We’ve done the hard work for you!
During the testing process, we compared the features and functionality of several popular in wall light timers products on the market today. Following this, we reviewed some of the best sellers on Amazon and heard what people had to say about them.
We also looked at expert and customer reviews on Amazon and other websites like YouTube to get a better idea of how these products stack up against each other in terms of:
- Ease of Use
- Service and more.
- Save time, money and energy by scheduling your indoor or outdoor lighting and appliances - ideal for ceiling lights, ceiling fans, exhaust fans, patio lights, and more.
- Features 4 programmable On/Off buttons and 2 On/Off override buttons for when you need to use the connected light/fan outside of your selected scheduled times.
- Blue LED indicator lights next to each button show which buttons/programs are currently active or selected. Compatible with LED, CFL, Incandescent and Halogen bulbs as well as dimmable LED and dimmable CFL bulbs.
- Replace your existing light switch - (NEUTRAL WIRE IS REQUIRED – WALL PLATE NOT INCLUDED) Screw terminal installation provides improved space efficiency when replacing existing switches compared to flying leads
- Backup battery maintains your settings in the event of a power outage. Electrical Ratings: 120VAC 60 Hz, 15A General/Resistive, 1200W Tungsten, 1200VA Ballast, ½ HP, UL Listed.
- Customizable options: 1 customizable program turns on/off the power when you need it
- 3 Preset Times: 3 preset programs automatically turn on/off lights at the same time daily providing safety and security. You can select up to 2 of the preset options to turn on and off daily.
- Countdown Function: A countdown feature (CTD) allows you to keep your lights on for a specific amount of time.
- Perfect for a Variety of Settings: Ideal for use with hard-wired outdoor lights, in hallways, water pumps and for switched outlets where a lamp is plugged into the switched outlet
- Safe and Easy: Easily replaces a standard wall switch. Tested and Certified to American and Canadian safety standards.
- Lighting Control – Set multiple ON/OFF settings for your lights or appliances throughout the week – up to 7 individual weekly programs, and it is compatible with LED, CFL and incandescent bulbs
- Sun Smart Technology – The timer will auto-adjust to sunset/sunrise times and Daylight-Saving Time throughout the year for easy programming, and it also features a vacation setting to help deter crime when you are away
- In-Wall Timer – With the easy-to-install direct wire, the timer replaces a standard wall switch, fits in a single or multi-gang rocker plate, can be used in single-pole or 3-way installation and includes white and light almost faceplates – NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED
- Additional Features – Timer features a backup battery to maintain settings in the event of a power outage, the easy-to-read LCD display makes programming simple and door also functions as a convenient ON/OFF override push-button
- Electrical Ratings – 120 VAC, 60Hz, 15A resistive, 10A tungsten, 10A ballast, 1/2HP motor
- ✓ BLUE BACKLIGHT MAKES IT EASY TO PROGRAM: Our blue backlight makes it easy to see and program your timer. Set up to 18 On/Off programs, each with 7-day programming options. Settings can be as short as one minute. Choose your own individual days or simply select one of our convenient pre-set combination days
- ✓ FULL CONTROL: Press and hold on the door to shift easily between AUTO (timed on/off) or MANUAL (manual on/off) modes. A backup battery keeps your settings even in the event of a power outage, and our convenient Daylight Savings Time mode makes time changes headache-free
- ✓ PROTECT YOUR HOME: Activate our timer’s “Random” vacation mode to randomize your home’s programmed lights. Make your home look “lived in” even when you’re away.
- ✓ SAVE ENERGY & MONEY: Save costs on electricity. Use for lights, ceiling fans, and more
- ✓ SINGLE-WAY & 3-WAY COMPATIBLE: Neutral wire is required. Compatible with SPDT. This timer is ETL listed and rigorously controlled for quality and safety. Conforms to UL Std.60730-1, 60730-2-7. Rating: 15A/1875W, 10A/1250W Tungsten, 10A/1250W Ballast, 1/2HP, 125VAC, 60Hz. Operating temp.: -15°C (5°F) to 50°C (122°F). Storage temp.: -20°C (-4°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- AUTO & CUSTOMIZATION: Automatically turns your lights on and off based on your scheduled programming. Save time and energy! Three operating modes and up to 7 on-and-off programs that can be repeated daily or weekly. You can flexibly combine these schedules to best suit your family lifestyle.
- PROGRAMMABLE TIMER: Input your local latitude and longitude, the light switch timer will automatically calculate the sunrise and sunset time to turn on and off your lights. Setting a specific time to control the lights is also available to meet various actual needs. And all the programming is saved when suddenly power goes out.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: We all know that lights on in a house help deter thieves and break-ins. Featuring with a random mode which can randomize your home's lights to appear like someone is at home, that will keep your house safe when you are away.
- SLEEK DESIGN: Flush with standard decorative wallplate and blend in with virtually any home interior. Featuring a LCD screen with easy-to-read backlit display, and a three-button interface for simple operation and programming.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lighting, in addition to your motor-operated appliances such as ceiling fans, bathroom fans, fountain pumps, and pool pumps, sprinklers. 1800W, ¾ HP on 120V.
- 24-HOUR MECHANICAL TIMER SWITCH: the Woods mechanical countdown timer has 24 daily settings (can be repeated daily) and is programmable in 30-minute intervals
- ECO-FRIENDLY MECHANIC TIMER: the mechanical timers help you save energy and money by automating lights, sprinklers, fans, air-conditioners, festive lighting and other small appliances
- VERSATILE MECHANICAL TIMER CLOCK: the Woods mechanical timer outlet is great for automating overhead lighting, ceiling fans, porch and garage lighting so you arrive to a safe and secure home
- EASY INSTALLATION: this mechanical timer can be effortlessly installed into a single-gang or multi-gang electrical box, replacing your existing light switch to automate any switch-operated appliances
- SPECIFICATIONS OF SMALL MECHANICAL TIMER: 125Vac, 60Hz, 1Hp, 20A 2500W Resistive, 8A 1000W Tungsten, 8A Ballast
- Automatic Lighting – Automate seasonal lighting and porch lights with simple daily presets and a countdown option – saving you time, money and energy
- Countdown Mode– Timer will countdown to programmed time when override door is activated, and Daysmart technology allows you to set ON/OFF times to automatically adjust based on sunrise and sunset times in your region
- 7-Day Timer Cycle – A weekly cycle provides you with consistent control every day, making necessary timer adjustments to work with your schedule
- In-Wall Timer – Replaces single-pole or three-way switches; the convenient door (white and light almond included) functions as ON/OFF switch, also conceals programming buttons and large LCD display of settings and time
- Power Ratings – Total Ratings – 120V, 60Hz, 15A general/resistive, 1200W tungsten, 1200VA standard ballast, ½ HP, 5A and 600W electronic ballast/LED and compatible with LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Easy-to-program custom settings, presets and countdown options accommodate any schedule
- Convenient door in white and light almond conceals programming buttons and functions as ON/OFF switch
- 24-hour cycle provides daily control
- Replaces single-pole or three-way switches to control LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs, and other fixtures
- Large LCD display offers easy viewing of settings and time
- Remote access from anywhere, no hub required
- Fully set and schedule at the timer or via the ascend app
- Voice assistant integration with Alexa
- Alexa built-in
- Works with the Google Assistant
- 7-DAY & 7 ON/OFF PROGRAMS - This in-wall timer switch has up to 7 on/off programs in a day with a 1-minute interval, every program repeats weekly
- EASY TO INSTALL & PROGRAM - Neutral wire is required, all accessories are included, wire cap make wiring easier; press the door to turn on/off easily; backup battery keeps settings for 3 months in case of power outage, 4-wire configuration only
- RANDOM & DST MODE - Turn light on/off randomly within+/- 30 minutes of your chosen time, giving the intruders an occupied impression; DST mode to schedule your time easily
- ENERGY SAVING & COMPATIBLE - Save costs on electricity, schedule the on/off for your lights, compatible with LED and CFL bulbs
- SAFE & DURABLE - It is ETL listed, made from ABS, Rating: 1875W, 1000W Tungsten, 500VA Electronic Ballast, 1/2HP, 60Hz 8.3A Ballast; 1 Year Warranty
How to Chose the Best in wall light timers
Buying in wall light timers online can be a great experience. However, you need to know how to buy the right products and what to consider before you make your purchase.
Here are some important tips on how to buy in wall light timers online:
- Know what you want before you browse
- Find out if the in wall light timers is available for sale
- Check for the quality of the product before buying it
- Check if the in wall light timers is authentic and original
- Avoid buying from unverified sellers
- If there is no return policy, be careful while buying products online
- Read reviews from other customers who have used the product
- Check for any discounts or deals offered by the seller
When you are buying an in wall light timers online, there are some points that you must consider. These points will help you get the best in wall light timers for the money and ensure that the product is delivered on time. Here are a few things to keep in mind when buying a in wall light timers online:
Look for Price
First and foremost is the price. A product’s price should be one of the first things you consider before making a purchase. It is important to remember that many factors can affect the price of a certain item, such as shipping costs, taxes and other fees. If you are not careful enough, you may spend more on your purchase than you expected.
Consider the Budget
When buying in wall light timers online, it is also important to ensure that they will fit well with your lifestyle or budget if they are not necessities but still wanted in your home or office space. If you are on a tight budget, it is important to consider the product’s price and how much it will cost to ship it. Consider using sites like Amazon or eBay if you want something more affordable and in demand.
Before buying in wall light timers, it is important to check its reviews. There are many websites where you can find out what customers have to say about a particular product. If there are many positive reviews, then it means that the product works well and is worth buying. However, if there are negative reviews, it would be better not to buy that particular product as there may be some problems with it, and it might not meet your expectations when you receive it at home.
Check for Product Availability
If you want to buy a particular item but cannot find it anywhere except on one website, this should raise a red flag as something fishy could be happening here. It might be possible that they are selling counterfeit in wall light timers or stolen goods that they have purchased from someone else and now trying to sell them online at a higher price than what they originally paid for these products. In such cases, it
If you’re buying from a company with physical locations, you will typically have more payment options than buying from a third-party site. Ensure the website accepts your preferred payment method online purchasing in wall light timers. If you don’t see it listed on the website, ask them if they accept it before placing your order.
Pay attention to the return policy before making a purchase. Some sites offer free returns, while others only provide exchanges and no refunds. Check what type of returns policy the site has before purchasing so there aren’t any surprises later on. Returning a product may be a headache, but it’s worth doing if you run into issues with the in wall light timers. If the retailer doesn’t offer free returns, try contacting them before purchasing to see their return policy.
When ordering in wall light timers online, shipping costs should also be considered. Shipping costs can vary depending on where you live and how much weight your order has, so compare prices between different sellers before making a decision. You might save money by paying for faster shipping or extra overnight delivery but keep in mind that once an item is shipped, there’s nothing else you can do until it arrives at your doorstep (or mailbox).