We made the ultimate list with the 10 best firewire cards from hundreds of products. We spent many hours making this top list by comparing all products at various sites. The best thing about our list is that we’re giving you our expert reviews, so we can ensure you that these products are the best-rated firewire cards on the market.
Listing of the Best firewire cards
When it comes to firewire cards, there are many options. The good news is you don’t have to spend hours trying them all out to find the best one for you. We’ve done the hard work for you!
During the testing process, we compared the features and functionality of several popular firewire cards products on the market today. Following this, we reviewed some of the best sellers on Amazon and heard what people had to say about them.
We also looked at expert and customer reviews on Amazon and other websites like YouTube to get a better idea of how these products stack up against each other in terms of:
- Ease of Use
- Service and more.
- 1. PCIE-1394A will allow users add 4X 1394A (3X 6Pin and 1X 4Pin) interface on Windows PCs, Servers and industrial devices for 1394A device data transfer. Help users light up old type 1394A devices on new PCs and import data from old device such and DVs etc.
- 2. Designed on FireWire 400 datalink protocol on 1394A interface will be make sure users get 400Mbps (50MB/S) max data transfer rate. Auto detect 1394A firewire device and negotiates the connection speed to 100Mbps, 200Mbps, 400Mbps.
- 3. Compatible with IEEE 1394A OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface) 1.1 standard interface devices such as Digital Cameras, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM Drive, DV camcorders, Hard drives, Media equipment, 1394A Video and Audio devices and Printers.
- 4. Plug and Play on Windows 98, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003R2, 2003 (32/64bit). Please NOTE: Due to setting issue, some PCs need to install Windows Legacy Driver.
- 5. PCIE 1.1 X1 interface, will provide 2.5Gbps bandwidth for all 4-Ports 1394A card. PCIE 1.1 standard design will work on PCIE 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0. PCIE X1 interface will works on PCIE X1, X2, X4, X8, X16 slot.
- Works With Various Types Of FireWire 800 & FireWire 400 Devices Including External Hard Drives, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive And Other Audio/Video Devices
- Provides Two FireWire 800 (1394b) Ports And One FireWire 400 (1394a) 6-Pin Port
- Enjoy Data Transfer Rates Of 100, 200, 400 and 800 Mbps
- Built-In 4-Pin Power Connector (Adapter May Be Required)
- Supports Hot-Swapping & Plug And Play
- PCIe IEEE 1394 firewire adapter is backward compatible with devices in 400/200/100Mbps transmission speed. Provide with a low profile bracket and a firewire cable, your best choice of firewire card for PC.
- Works with Various Types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394a Devices Including Portable Hard Disk, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and Other Audio/Video Devices.
- VIA chip, compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 1.0a and compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, 1394a-2000 and OHCI 1.1 Standards.
- Plug and play. It support Windows 98se/me/2000/XP/server 2003/Vista/7 32 bit /64 bit /win8/win10/Mac OS.
- No drive required, 1394 devices are built into Windows 98 2nd and above (included) operating systems, It does not need to download driver separately.
- FAST DATA TRANSFER: This PCI Express to firewire adapter reduces performance bottlenecks by offering support for data transfer rates up to 400Mbps to each port
- VERSATILE USE: Each 2 port PCI express 1394a firewire card comes pre-configured for low-profile and includes two full-profile brackets for versatile use with low profile and standard computer cases
- INCREASE CAPACITY: This PCIe serial port card allows you to add two FireWire 400 connections to your desktop computer using one PCIe expansion card slot
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: For broad compatibility the PCIE firewire adapter supports Windows and macOS 10. 10-10. 13 and includes full profile and half height installation brackets
- THE STARTECH ADVANTAGE: StarTech offers a 2-year and free lifetime technical support on this PCIe 1394 card and has been the IT pro’s choice since 1985
- 3 external, 1 shared internal FireWire400 port, with supported data transfer rates up to 400 Mbps
- Compliant with IEEE 1394a
- 2000 as well as 1394-1995 standards
- Includes Low Profile installation bracket
- Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible
- 1-Lane (x1) PCI-Express with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s full duplex channel
- 3x External Ports (2 * 6 Pin + 1 * 4 Pin)
- Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a. Support 400/200/100Mbps data transfer rate
- Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI Specifications V1.0 and V1.1
- No drive required, plug and play. Support Windows 98se/me/2000/XP/server 2003/Vista/7 32 bit /64 bit /win8
- Add two 1394b FireWire 800 ports and one 1394a port to your Mac Pro or Windows system.
- Built with TI XIO2213 chipset. Fast and reliable FireWire expansion.
- Low Profile PCIe Form Factor. Include both Low Profile and Regular Size PCIe brackets
- Compliant with Provisions of IEEE P1394b-2002, IEEE 1394a-2000 and 1394-1995 Standard
- High quality. Fully RoHS compliant. Made in Taiwan.
- Simultaneous operation of multiple high-performance devices
- Supports hot-swapping and Plug-n-Play connection of peripheral devices
- Works with various types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394A devices including portable Hard Disk, DV camcorder, digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and other Audio/video devices
- Support Provisions of IEEE P1394b Revision 1.33+. Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI specifications V1.0 and V1.1
- Fully Interoperable with FireWire, I Link, and SB1394 Implementation of IEEE 1394 standard
- Add 2 FireWire800 ports to a laptop through an ExpressCard slot
- Provides a cost-effective way to add IEEE 1394A and IEEE 1394B FireWire devices
- Connect a broad range of FireWire devices to your laptop
- expresscard firewire
- expresscard 1394
- Simultaneous Operation of Multiple High-performance Devices. Supports Hot-swapping and Plug-and-Play Connection of Peripheral Devices.
- Works with Various Types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394a Devices Including Portable Hard Disk, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and Other Audio/Video Devices. 4. 1-Lane (x1) PCI-Express with Transfer Rate 2.5Gb/s Full Duplex Channel.
- Support Provisions of IEEE P1394b Revision 1.33+. Fully Backward Compatible to 1394a Specification. Fully Interoperable with FireWire, iLink, and SB1394 Implementation of IEEE 1394 Standard.
- Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a. Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI Specifications V1.1 and V1.2. Compliant with IEEE 1394-1995 for a High Performance Serial Bus.Compliant with IEEE 1394a-2000 Standard.
- The PCI-Express bus transmission speed of 2.5Gbps, far higher than the PCI bus, fully shows high-speed transmission performance of IEEE 1394b, and is backward compatible with devices in 400/200/100Mbps transmission speed.
How to Chose the Best firewire cards
Buying firewire cards online can be a great experience. However, you need to know how to buy the right products and what to consider before you make your purchase.
Here are some important tips on how to buy firewire cards online:
- Know what you want before you browse
- Find out if the firewire cards is available for sale
- Check for the quality of the product before buying it
- Check if the firewire cards is authentic and original
- Avoid buying from unverified sellers
- If there is no return policy, be careful while buying products online
- Read reviews from other customers who have used the product
- Check for any discounts or deals offered by the seller
When you are buying an firewire cards online, there are some points that you must consider. These points will help you get the best firewire cards for the money and ensure that the product is delivered on time. Here are a few things to keep in mind when buying a firewire cards online:
Look for Price
First and foremost is the price. A product’s price should be one of the first things you consider before making a purchase. It is important to remember that many factors can affect the price of a certain item, such as shipping costs, taxes and other fees. If you are not careful enough, you may spend more on your purchase than you expected.
Consider the Budget
When buying firewire cards online, it is also important to ensure that they will fit well with your lifestyle or budget if they are not necessities but still wanted in your home or office space. If you are on a tight budget, it is important to consider the product’s price and how much it will cost to ship it. Consider using sites like Amazon or eBay if you want something more affordable and in demand.
Before buying firewire cards, it is important to check its reviews. There are many websites where you can find out what customers have to say about a particular product. If there are many positive reviews, then it means that the product works well and is worth buying. However, if there are negative reviews, it would be better not to buy that particular product as there may be some problems with it, and it might not meet your expectations when you receive it at home.
Check for Product Availability
If you want to buy a particular item but cannot find it anywhere except on one website, this should raise a red flag as something fishy could be happening here. It might be possible that they are selling counterfeit firewire cards or stolen goods that they have purchased from someone else and now trying to sell them online at a higher price than what they originally paid for these products. In such cases, it
If you’re buying from a company with physical locations, you will typically have more payment options than buying from a third-party site. Ensure the website accepts your preferred payment method online purchasing firewire cards. If you don’t see it listed on the website, ask them if they accept it before placing your order.
Pay attention to the return policy before making a purchase. Some sites offer free returns, while others only provide exchanges and no refunds. Check what type of returns policy the site has before purchasing so there aren’t any surprises later on. Returning a product may be a headache, but it’s worth doing if you run into issues with the firewire cards. If the retailer doesn’t offer free returns, try contacting them before purchasing to see their return policy.
When ordering firewire cards online, shipping costs should also be considered. Shipping costs can vary depending on where you live and how much weight your order has, so compare prices between different sellers before making a decision. You might save money by paying for faster shipping or extra overnight delivery but keep in mind that once an item is shipped, there’s nothing else you can do until it arrives at your doorstep (or mailbox).